Skip to main content

A Half Day

I was not feeling well. Couple of days back my hair was itching, so I decided to oil my hair(generously) with an oil that claimed to cool your body and had white pumpkin juice because I heard it is an excellent detox drink and then washed my hair with cold water because I saw in a reel that washing with hot water damages your hair. All went well until 2 hours later , I had a kitch kitch feeling in my throat. By evening I was breathing through one nose. At night I had to adjust my sleeping positions constantly to breathe comfortably. It was fine because it was weekend and I could afford to lie down sometime. I thought I would be better by next day. Because I am a superwoman after all. Isn't it how you are supposed to be ? You are either self sacrificing do-it-all or you are a useless lazy person. There is no in between, is it? 

I woke up one hour past the alarm. By now I have mastered how to finish 1 hour worth chores in 30 mins (experience matters). Finished my home duties, sent kids off to school. Then I was about to get ready and that's when I thought 🤔 may be I need to cut myself some slack. I needed some rest. Couldn't afford to take an entire day off. So decided to take half day off. Divided that little time and did many things that I wanted to do. Took a nap, read a book, called and spoke to dear ones,  left home early took an auto because I was s feeling tired and also I felt like taking care of myself today. Sometimes I hesitate so much to do something nice for myself but I jump to help others even before they ask.

It was nice just riding in the auto watching people passby. The best part was it was a non peak hour. Nobody was rushing anywhere. It was just people moving in normal pace. I enjoy being in office when most of them are on leave. I enjoy watching movie in a theatre with less audience. I am not a people hater, it's just sometimes it's nice to have some less noise, less crowd. Less is the new more 😛 

After reaching metro station early I still had some time, so I visited the nearby mall (less crowded)like in 20 mins. I do this often, I just like visiting a place that is not my home or office. It is underrated how much a change of scene can elevate your mood.For people who think oh I don't have time for anything, you do. Just not the perfect time you expect. You just have to find some way to do the things you love in the little time you have got.  Like a 15 mins journal entry, 10 mins book read, 5 mins declutter, 2 mins phone call to loved ones... You can find time to do anything in your own imperfect manner, if you really want to 😊 

Like I created this blog long back but never wrote a post because I couldn't decide on a perfect topic and couldn't find perfect time or place or mood to write. Buy today I thought let's do it and just started typing whatever came to my mind from my blogger app while riding in  the metro 🚇 ( did I mention I got to choose a nice corner seat for myself as there was less crowd...man the world looks different when it is not a rat race)

I thought who is going to read my scribbles.? May be someone who just wants to relate with an average human being and her basic views and thoughts, if you are one, welcome and let me know how was your day ❤️ 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome

 Hello there! I’m Binu — a storyteller at heart, a binge-watcher by night, and a human trying her best to transform one day at a time. I created this blog because my mind is a little overflowing with thoughts —  This is where all those scribbles come to rest 💛